[ltp] 600E Dvd

Forgosh, Seth linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:35:07 -0400

Brandon,
	Does this mean that you have actually gotten the sound to work under
SUSE 8.0? I've been trying for a week to get my 600E to utter a peep to no
avail! If so, could you tell me how you did it? Thanks.

Seth Forgosh

-----Original Message-----
From: sporkman@att.net [mailto:sporkman@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:13 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] 600E Dvd

I have moved my 600E to SuSE 8.0 from RH 7.3.  In Red
Hat 7.3 DVD worked great (I was using the default setup
for my video card and OSS drivers).  In SuSE OGLE (the
DVD player I used) is doesnt work.  It crashes with

"X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient
resources for operation)/n Major opcode of failed
request: 141 (XVideo)/n Minor opcode of failed request:
19()/n Serial number of failed request: 64/n Current
serial number in output stream: 64"  Now I checked Sax2
and the configuration is set for a NeoMagic 256AV with
2048kb of RAM and has Bus ID: Single... alsa the fgl1
fgl23 glx and dri 3D modules are loaded.

What could be different between SuSE and Red Hat...
Anyone have a Red Hat 7.3 install that could send me
there X config?

Thanks!

Brandon PHilips

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF