[ltp] Slackware on a 570

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:18:23 -0400

Is it 570 or a 507E?  I posted a little while ago about problems I was
having with recent RedHat distributions on the 570E.  Someone else
reponded that he experienced the same problems, and it seems that
there is some problem with warm reboots and the IDE drivers (putting
the device into a mode it can't handle, then the boot fails because it
can't "find" the disk).  He solved it by simply insuring that he
always does cold boots.

Anyway, I'm mainly trying to track down which kernel versions do and
don't have this problem, so if you're using a 570E, maybe you could
tell me which kernel?

Thanks, David
--
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde@ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147