[ltp] Slackware on a 570

Noesis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:48:36 +0000

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:18:23AM -0400, bernholdtde@ornl.gov wrote:
> Is it 570 or a 507E?  I posted a little while ago about problems I was

It is a 570.

> having with recent RedHat distributions on the 570E.  Someone else
> reponded that he experienced the same problems, and it seems that
> there is some problem with warm reboots and the IDE drivers (putting
> the device into a mode it can't handle, then the boot fails because it
> can't "find" the disk).  He solved it by simply insuring that he
> always does cold boots.

My warm boots work just fine other then sometimes I have to close the LCD=
=20
and raise it again or it just displays a white screen.  Not sure what=20
causes this but it really does not bother me as I normally do cold boots=20
anyways.  The warm boot white screen case, as I call it, is as simple as=20
closing the LCD and opening it again during the reboot.  I have not=20
bothered to really attempt to fix that simply because it is so fixable and=
=20
rare. =20

>=20
> Anyway, I'm mainly trying to track down which kernel versions do and
> don't have this problem, so if you're using a 570E, maybe you could
> tell me which kernel?

Well, I don't have a 570E, but just in case you end up in fact needing=20
information on 570s... =20

Distro: Slackware Linux 8.1
Kernel: 2.4.18

Anyone got any suggestions on the USB floppy?

Kind Regards,
  -Noesis
>=20
> Thanks, David
> --
> David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde@ornl.gov=20
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147   =20
> http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680   =20
>=20
>=20

--=20