[ltp] SuSE 8.0 Linux on IBM T30

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:19:22 -0400

Are you using apm?  My experience with SuSE 8.0 on the T30 was that there
were problems with apm.  I had to use the "failsafe" option at the boot
screen (after installation) to even get the kernel to boot.

Pam

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Andreas Heinemann    |
|         |           <aheine@gkec.tu-darms|
|         |           tadt.de>             |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-linux-thinkpad@|
|         |           bm-soft.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           08/23/2002 08:05 AM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad       |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com                                                                |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [ltp] SuSE 8.0 Linux on IBM T30                                                           |
  |                                                                                                           |

Hello,

does anybody have some experiences using SuSE 8.0 Linux on the T30
ThinkPad? I just recently installed it. One of the problems I face:
Whenever I leave the T30 alone for too long, Linux goes into a kind of
sleep mode, but I'm not able to wake it up again. Only thing left is to
turn it of and reboot again.

Thanks in advance for any hints.
Andreas