[ltp] Partially killed my TP: Quick question, hopefully someone has a quick answer...

John Morris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:20:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Bill Mair wrote:

> Now my question, when I switch on the laptop, it has this IBM
> restore thingy.
>
> Will the IBM recovery process installed on a Thinkpad A22P ... :
>
> [X] A. only restores the windows "C" partition (format C:) and leaves my
>        linux alone.
>
> [ ] B. will repartion the whole disk (fdisk) thus leaving me gasping for
>        air.
>
> [ ] C. will cause some kind of natural disaster if connected to the internet
>        during the process.
>
> [ ] D. nobody knows because no one has ever dared to try it.
>
> [ ] E. none of the above (please supply details below):

At least it does on an A30p and the older recovery process on my 570E also
left Linux alone.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!