[ltp] RedHat 7.3 install/boot freeze on TP600

Steven Crane linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:46:19 +0100

When I tell RH support this, they say that they are unable to give me
any more support for this hardware.  If anyone has any suggestions
which might help me get my Thinkpad to be bootable, I would very much
appreciate them.
====================================

BIOS version?

One of the later BIOS upgrades for the Thinkpad 600, 600e, 600x, was a fix for boot
problems when installing new operating systems. Details are still up on the IBM site...

http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/DSHY-3TLQ2L.html?
lang=en_US&page=brand&brand=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+600E%7C2645%
7CAL3&family=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+600E&machineType=IBM+ThinkPad%
7CThinkPad+600E%7C2645&model=IBM+ThinkPad%7CThinkPad+600E%7C2645%
7CAL3&doctype=Hot+news&subtype=All&up=unknownuser1004106089

Note that if you do run a BIOS upgrade and follow the recommendation to run the
system test, the Memory Test may take several hours to complete and will appear to
be completely locked up during the process.

---Steven