[ltp] RedHat 7.3 install/boot freeze on TP600

Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:28:18 -0400 (EDT)

Unfortunately, that doesn't help; although I'm pretty sure my BIOS was
already up to date, I went ahead and updated it from IBM's site
anyway, without change.

However, a little experimentation with ntsysv shows that my system
just freezes trying to initialize whatever service it tries to
initialize after it brings up pcmcia, or sometimes the second one
after pcmcia.  After I killed apmd, autofs, nfslock, portmap, netfs,
xinetd, lpd, sendmail, and crond it occurred to me to just kill off
pcmcia.  So I did, and of course it boots now.  Yay!

So, uh, thanks, since your suggestion at least made me screw around
enough to figure out how to fix it.

	--Dan.