[ltp] 770E sound

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:49:37 -0400

> In an earlier thread someone specified I/O: 0X530, IRQ: 5, DMA1: 1,
> DMA2: 0, MPU I/O: 0X330, MPU IRQ: 9 for their tp600, so I used those
> parameters. I don't have a dos partition ... would the tpctl (not
> currently installed) include a utility which would tell me if these are
> correct?

You don't have to have a DOS partition (unless you want to be able to use
hte hibernate feature pf your Thinkpad), but you can use a floppy with
DOS (and PS2.EXE) on it to change BIOS settings.

Alternatively, you can just try various combinations of the settings
until you hit one that gives you sound. :)

By the way, this assumes also that you have the sound turned up via the
fn-pageup key - on the 600 at least.  Otherwise, you won't hear any
sounds at all, even if the card's set up correctly.)

I've never been able to get tpctl to work reliably, so I can't tell you
anything about it.