SV: [ltp] RedHat 7.3 on IBM ThinkPad 600E

Ted Johansson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:21:17 +0200

Check www.linmodems.org or go directly to
http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem . In the binary
section, follow link to down an rpm of a late version of the modem
driver, but find one that suits Your kernel (has to be exact match). If
OK, no need to rebuild kernel!

ltmodem has worked fine using several different linux distributions on
my T21. However, testing mandrake 8.2 and latest version 8.22 of the
driver, it did not work. Latest 6.00 did work fine however. I use kppp.

Regards,   Ted

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Fr=E5n: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com] F=F6r JC WOODWARD
Skickat: den 24 augusti 2002 21:36
Till: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
=C4mne: Re: [ltp] RedHat 7.3 on IBM ThinkPad 600E

P.S. maybe you can lend me a hand.  The only thing I don't have working
yet is the modem.  I understand that I need to install the "Lucent
Winmodem Driver" which requires recompiling the kerner or needs to be
compiled using your kernel source.  Can you provide a URL which gives
some details? Thanks.

Regards,

JC