[ltp] 770E sound

SMichelle linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:13:57 -0700

> > In an earlier thread someone specified I/O: 0X530, IRQ: 5, DMA1: 1,
> > DMA2: 0, MPU I/O: 0X330, MPU IRQ: 9 for their tp600, so I used those
> > parameters. I don't have a dos partition ... would the tpctl (not
> > currently installed) include a utility which would tell me if these
> > are correct?

> Alternatively, you can just try various combinations of the settings
> until you hit one that gives you sound. :)

I went with the "SoundBlaster" driver with I/O port: 0x220, IRQ: 5, DMA:
1 and the audio works. Tho the volume, even with aumix set to -v100%, is
low and the overall quality is thin and tinny. I'm going to keep trying
various combinations to see if I can get a better sound on this TP 770
... when it was a win98 machine the sound was beautiful so I think it
should be possible for a boost in audio quality.

Many thanks for the help.

/Sharon