[ltp] lm sensors

Dean L. Hedin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:46:54 -0400

On Saturday 24 August 2002 08:53 pm, phil@netroedge.com wrote:
> We've given up on IBM, but we've had some help from other sources.
> We just received samples of what could be the chip which is suspect
> (Atmel AT24RF08).  We will try to play with it to see if we can
> explain why our code causes it to puke.  Even from looking at the
> datasheet it isn't clear why.

I don't believe that is the chip that sensors kills in the 600e.  I believe
it is  "U98" ATMEL 24C01A   2-wire Serial EEPROM (bottom of mainboard
next to the CS4610C sound chip).   Rumor has it that this is where the
Thinkpad security stuff is stored.  Violate it, and it voids the board.

Perhap it is on the I2C bus.

http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc0180.pdf