[ltp] lm sensors

Dean L. Hedin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:36:49 -0400

I can only speak about the 600e as I have a broken mainboard here in front of
me as I write this.  I've looked it over and do not see a 24RF08 on the
board.  Other than the two flash devices that contain the BIOS, I see
no other non-volatile memory devices on the board.

In any case, the lm-sensors warning posted at http://www.linux-thinkpad.org/
indicates I2C being involved.   This is consistant with the 24C01A.  And I
know from other sources that this is where IBM security checksum information
is stored.  The 24C01A  that I speak of is not near any RAM device, it is near
the BIOS flash chips.