[ltp] XF86Config Repository

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:56:08 +0200

On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 09:49:43 -0400, J Paul Richardson wrote:
> A few weeks back I posted a question regarding the viability of a
> repository for XF86Config files.  Feedback was quite positive and I now
> have the first stab of the page up here
> http://john.p.richardson.home.att.net/linux/xfcrep.html .  I envision
> the repository as an ever growing source for XF86Config files for
> Thinkpads running any distribution of Linux.    If anyone would like to
> contribute a copy of their file to this effort, please take a look at
> the information on the page then email the file to me.
>
> If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

I think the list could contain some information about the graphics
hardware of the ThinkPad models (Chip, amount of RAM, LCD resolution).
This way users with ThinkPads that are not listed but use the same
graphics hardware as one of the listed models could derive benefit from
your repository. Maybe a guide how to extract this information from the
model num. would be enough.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG