[ltp] lpd and cups on linux RH 7.3

Pino Giaquinto linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:33:31 +0200

This is first time that I use CUPS
I have added starting links to cups in rc3.d and rc5.d but I don't know if I
must delete the lpd starting links.
I have entered http://localhost:631 into my web browser, I have configured
my EPSON, I have tested the configuration (beautiful !!!) but... how can
print from console and/or X application (OpenOffice,org and others) ???
NOTE: I don't use KDE or GNOME... I use MWM.
If I print from console using 'lp filename' command I have just some error
messages... no printed document !
I have installed xpp (good configuration and print tool) on my TP600E and I
can print in X using it... but I need to print from console also !!!

Thank you