[ltp] Automatically running programs on startup

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
27 Aug 2002 11:31:17 +1200

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 07:11, Kelly John Rose wrote:

> Where is the Linux equivalent of the autoexec.bat file?

There isn't one equivalent, there are several depending on the scope of
what you want to do.  Do you want something to run systemwide, or just
for a particular user, or...?

And different distributions handle that in different ways.

My Redhat 7.3 handles the commands you list below automatically.  If
you're using a distro that doesn't, we need to know what it is to tell
you where to put them.

If you're using a distro (like Redhat 7.3, or SuSE 7.3) which should
handle it automatically, then we need to know that so we can tell you
something's broken and help you figure out what and how to fix it.