[ltp] battery dead?

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:16:55 +0800

I have the same battery problem with my 600E.  I believe it was not due
to Linux.  The battery capacity was getting shorter and shorter, then
finally flashing amber w/o being charged for a day.

I remember someone also in this mail list suggested it was due to the
voltage dropped below the minimum required by the microcontroller within
the battery.  The fix was to apply 6V and 1/10 current of the mAh spec
of the battery to the +/- terminus, to wake it up.

I've never done that due to the fact that a constant-current power
supply would be comparable with the price for a new battery.

Has anyone got a cheaper source of constant-current power supply?  Like
the circuit of building a fixed-volt&amp one (because we know we need
exactly 6V/0.18A) using very cheap passive components (assuming the
unregulated power is from the existing TP600 16V power supply).

Thanks,
-
Kelvin.