[ltp] battery dead?

jjmckenzie51@earthlink.net linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:26:30 -0400

Xun:

Your battery has died due to a known effect called aging=2E  I have a 600E=

that needs a new battery, too=2E  Time to go out and hunt one down=2E

James Mckenzie

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Xun Cheng chengx@sybase=2Ecom
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
To: linux-thinkpad@www=2Ebm-soft=2Ecom
Subject: [ltp] battery dead?

After a resume from a successful hibernation under
linux, my battery keeps reporting 0% charge=2E I'v put
on AC power for half a day and the battery light
keeps flashing every several minutes=2E It seems
no charging has been done=2E

Any suggestion other than buying a new battery?

Some facts:
=2E=2E It's a Thinkpad 600X=2E
=2E=2E It's redhat limbo beta=2E
=2E=2E I seldom use it without AC power=2E
=2E=2E I removed AC power before hibernation (otherwise
  it won't hibernate)=2E
=2E=2E The linux is installed on the ultrybay second HD=2E
=2E=2E The hibernation partition is on the internal
  first disk which was mostly spined down until
  hibernation time=2E

thanks a lot
xun

http://www=2Ebm-soft=2Ecom/~bm/tp_mailing=2Ehtml