[ltp] Mwave Modem Monitor

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:35:59 -0400

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:25:09 +0100 (BST)
Mike Taylor <mike@seatbooker.net> wrote:

[Thinkpad 600]

> Only one problem: I don't seem to be able to get its modem noises
> monitored through the TP speakers (although that works fine from
> Win95).  If I talk to minicom, I can say ATM1 to it, to which it
> replies (of course) "OK", but I still don't hear anything when I
> ATDT.

> Anyone have the same problem?

Ditto.  I never found a solution to it for either of my two 600s running
Redhat 7.3, but then again i never really tried that hard.  Once I set up
a modem, I tend to turn the speaker off anyway.

Oddly enough, the modem made noise *one time*.  I couldn't reproduce it,
though.  Does it have something to do with the sound card's mixer
settings?