[ltp] Partially killed my TP: Quick question, hopefully someone has a quick answer...

David Grindrod linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:16:52 +0100

I did not know you could buy a Thinkpad with Linux. Well you cannot in
the UK. In fact your software  warranty is invalidated as soon as you
put a second operating system on the machine. It would be really nice if
IBM did support Linux on the laptops. I have an A31p and there was no
choice about having Linux on it when I purchased it. I had to install
myself although not a problem. Everything works apart from the internal
modem.  It would be nice howver if it was possible  to buy a fully
supported Linux Thinkpad.

Dave