[ltp] Crash on resume

Richard Neill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:07:33 +0100

Thanks for that. I'm not entirely sure what this means, (I'm still a
newbie at heart!) - can you explain a bit more why it might be the cause
of a rather random error? I've never had data corruption as far as I know.

If it's relevant, I had an X-freeze yesterday while playing Tuxracer. So
I at least partly suspect XF86. When X freezes, of course the mouse and
keyboard don't respond. Without another machine to ssh in, all I can do
is Alt-Sysrq-S,U,B. The sysrq key does usually still work. An idea - is
it possible to modify the sysrq code to add the function "kill X, dump
me at a console"?

Richard