[ltp] lm sensors

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:32:25 -0500

phil@netroedge.com wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 05:38:03PM +0200, Bill Mair wrote:
>

> We've given up on IBM, but we've had some help from other sources.
> We just received samples of what could be the chip which is suspect
> (Atmel AT24RF08).  We will try to play with it to see if we can
> explain why our code causes it to puke.  Even from looking at the
> datasheet it isn't clear why.
>
> Without proper documenation, access to helpful IBM engineers, or even
> a Thinkpad... we are doomed to progress only very slowly.  Rest
> assured, though, that we are trying hard to fix this.  Even Alan Cox
> has asked us to fix this specific issue (or at least detect IBM
> hardware and disable our code) before it will be allowed into the
> 2.5.x kernel.
>
> BTW- if anyone out there wants to help out by donating a vulnerable
> Thinkpad for testing, or for testing code themselves, please let me
> know.
>
> Phil (Lm_sensors cofounder)

There's a guy on ebay that advertises "password" chips every now and then.  He might be a source of information.  There's nothing current but:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2045301504
--
    Jim Harvey, Naperville, Ill.  Amiga person - Linux person - WB8NBS/9
                He who dies with the most software wins.