[ltp] Backup Solutions?

Matthew Davis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:55:28 +1000

> I am looking for suggestions for backing up my hard drive.

I have a Firewire Maxtor 80Gb external hard drive, and an IBM IEEE 1394
Cardbus card that I use for backups using rsync on a T22.  I only got it
working with kernel 2.4.18, but now it works fine.  Only difficulty is that
the firewire PCMCIA card is a little funny - it wont respond to cardctl
eject or ident, but it still does the job and I haven't investigate further.
It is very fast, and the drive is *reasonably* mobile (although I wouldn't
carry it around).

Matt.