[ltp] lm sensors

J.J.Green linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
29 Aug 2002 15:17:59 +0100

Hi

> And where may this Hardware Maintenance diskette be found?

>From a google search "maint disk thinkpad linux" I found
the following

  http://www.linux-thinkpad.org/bm/archives/200104/msg00222.html

>> The site mentioned in IBM's pdf manuals perl product seems to be
>> obsolete. I wasted several days to find proper site.
>> Try to visit <ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/>. there are many
>> subdirectories under it. 'mobiles' or 'ta_support' subdirectory
>> might have the file you want. I recall there were maintxxx diskette
>> images perl model, and so to select proper one is important.
>
> I found maint160.exe, since the service manual referred to
> version 1.60, I took a chance on it.  It worked, no more error 188!

and a look at that site reveals

  ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/ta_support/maint160.exe

I've saved it away for a rainy day!

-j
--
J. J. Green,  Dept. Applied Mathematics, F40, Hicks Bld.,
Hounsfield Rd.,  University of Sheffield,  Sheffield, UK.