[ltp] Re: Backup Solutions?

Tony Willoughby linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
29 Aug 2002 20:04:06 -0400

This solution wouldn't help the original poster, but others might find
it useful.

I use bu, a script that backs up to an NFS server.  I have an old '486
in my basement with a big honking disk.  I use bu to backup my laptop
and dual-boot home machine to the '486.  It's nice, because I can mount
the DOS partition and back that up as well.  It's a very inexpensive
solution to my problem.

I occasionally burn the good stuff on the '486 to CD.

http://hightek.org/bu/

The beta version is rumored to do the CD burn as well, though I haven't
tried it.

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 18:19, Kristjan Onu wrote:
> D. Sen <dsen@ieee.org> wrote:
> > I am looking for suggestions for backing up my hard drive.

> As far as backup software is concerned, you may want to look at:
>
>    http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/
>
> I've been using it for a couple of months now and find it quite good.
>
> Kristjan Onu

Tony Willoughby     tonyw@pobox.com
"I divisioned!"
     - My 8 year old after a