[ltp] T-21 Ultrabay hot swapping....

Dale P. Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:46:06 -0500

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:51:38 -0500 (EST)
Andrius Ciziunas <andrius@tamos.net> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> 	I was wondering if anyone's gotten Ultrabay hot swapping working
> on the Thinkpad T-21.  I followed all of the instructions on the faq
> (which was written for the 600 and sometimes less helpful than other
> times), did a websearch specifically for my model (no luck there,
> either)...Anyone have any ideas??

I actually did get it to work using the Debian "hotplug" package.

The problem was the machine still beeped like the world was ending.

The best way is still to suspend, swap, then come out of suspend.  If
you don't start with the cdrom in the ultrabay, you can use hotplug to
recan for new ide devices.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,