[ltp] Flashing screen on X20

Tom Rockwell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:00:13 -0500

I had a problem with my 560x, the blacklight would flash on and off.
Happened in X and the regular console - so I didn't suspect a software
problem.  It turned out that the power connector for the backlight
florescent tube was loose.  Disassembling the thinkpad and reassemebling
fixed it.  Disassembly was the recommended first repair procedure in the
IBM hardware manual.  You should be able to find the hardware manual on
the IBM website.

The flashing screen was very disconcerting, but it ended up not being
that hard to fix.  Anyways, see if the problem is the same in X and the
console to eliminate software problems as the cause.

-Tom