[ltp] ThinkPad A20P Modem - Make Error

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:10:03 -0500

Thanks for the reference but I do seem to have a slight problem.
That is I am just way over my head.

I did the following:
1. Downloaded the file ltmodem595us.sh to my RH desktop box.
2. Copied the file to floppy.
3. Installed floppy to Thinkpad
4. Copied file to /root
Hope none of these transfers introduced an error.
Anyway I then followed instruction through make command.
5. Make install produced the following error messages:

make update-movefile
make[1]: entering directory '/usr/src/linux-2.4.18-6mdk'
gcc: -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -02 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
        scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
gcc installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp0': no such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1

If amy one has any suggestion I would appreciate the advice.

And thanks for your consideration in reviewing this.

Thanks

Frank