[ltp] DVD plays half of the screen twice

Tue, 3 Dec 2002 19:39:30 -0500

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:52:28PM -0500, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> * Redhat 7.3 used gcc 2.96-RH (Redhat's "special" version, which the
> mplayer developers seem to think was spawned by the devil himself :) ).
>
> * Redhat 8.0 uses gcc 3.2- same as your Gentoo.

That sounds like the common factor.  Still need to check the sources
of the driver though... there might be an easy patch.

> By the way, even with the broken X, you can still play DVDs using
> the straight X11 driver (mplayer -vo x11 dvd://).  It worked fine (albeit
> slowly). You probably only get the doubling problem using the xv or SDL
> drivers.

That was the interesting thing in my case... neither setting worked for me
either xv or x11... both had the double screen issue.

I'm pretty happy with the results from the RedHat 7.3 driver though.
Just got finished watching my first DVD movie in Linux. :-) If anybody
else is looking for it, it is in the XFree86-4.2.0-8.i386.rpm off RedHat
7.3 disk #1.

- Chris