[ltp] Replacement Mini-PCI modem

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:59:07 -0500

>| For the A21, IBM also shipped a Xircom (now Intel) ethernet/modem combo
>| card option, the modem is Lucent's Winmodem, which does have a driver
here:
>| http://www.heby.de/ltmodem
>
>Will that work for the T23 also?

It looks like the T23 uses the newer Softmodem by Agere, the driver for
which is still in the works.  I don't have the complete specifications for
the T23, so some of the early T23's could have had the older chipset, I'll
have to bug some people to get the complete info.

Theoretically speaking, a mini pci card is just another card, and you
should be able to mix and match. However I'm pretty sure that if IBM didn't
ship it that way, than the combination hasn't been tested.  Another thing
I'll go ask around and see what the hardware people have to say.

Pam