[ltp] Replacement Mini-PCI modem

Alex Bell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 20:09:57 +1100

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:26:11 -0500, Pam Huntley wrote:

>>I want to replace the 3Com Mini-PCI winmodem card on my Thinkpad A21e with
>a real modem card -
>>or at least one which will work with Linux.  Any recommendations?
>
>As far as I know, no one manufactures a "real" hardware modem on a mini-pci
>card, they're all software-based modems.

Snipped

Many thanks, Pam, that's very helpful. I'll see if I can track down the Xircom card you mentioned.  Otherwises, so far as I can tell my
options are to go for an external modem - eg the SwannSmart USB - or a PCMCIA card.

Regards, Alex
http://www.onlink.net/~outreach/
http://www.southcom.com.au/~outreach/
http://www.tassie.net.au/~abell1/oboe.htm