[ltp] ThinkPad A20P Modem = ?

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:44:34 -0500

Hi Tod and All

Thanks for the help but I am still confusedand I would appreciate a wee bit of
additional input.
Well not just confused but really very confused concerning "Do I have the
right file for the modem I have?"

First lets go back to basics.
To establish exactly what type of modem I have tried lspci and received the
following:
00:1f.6 Modem:  Intel Corp.: Unknown device (rev 01)
while Win Xp says the following:
Lucent Technology Soft Modem AMR on Com 3.

My confusion starts with I am not sure exactly what type of modem I have and
don't know any software way to verify the type except lspci which gave the
above results.

Not being confident in the modem type leads to the question "Is the following
modem file the correct file for Mandrake 8.2?"

ltmodem-kv_2.4.18_8.1mdk-8.26a-1.i586.rpm

Thanks
Frank

Please Note: Mandrake 8.2 uses kernel 2.4.28
Sorry Mandrake 9.0 has not made it to the local retailer yet which has the
latest kernel 2.4.19 in it so I am still using 8.2 which should suffice for
my simple usage unless there is some major reason concerning modems that
would make it prudent for me to upgrade.

Thanks
Frank