[ltp] DVD plays half of the screen twice

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:54:31 -0500

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:27:51 +0100
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> wrote:

> > So long as you don't need to play DVDs on a Thinkpad 700X or 700Z,
> > you'll be fine... :)
>
> I would give the driver at http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/ a try.

It won't help.  Same problem (at least on Red Hat 8.0).  I suspect this
driver was compiled with GCC 3.x.  If what I've read on this thread
about the same problem appearing in Gentoo is correct, then either XFree86
4.2.0 or 4.2.1 will show the problem if compiled with the latest gcc.

As I'm not a programmer, this is of course a guess given what we know
about which drivers work and which don't. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/