[ltp] DVD plays half of the screen twice

Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:57:31 +0100

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:54:31 -0500, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:27:51 +0100
> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> wrote:
>
> > > So long as you don't need to play DVDs on a Thinkpad 700X or 700Z,
> > > you'll be fine... :)
> >
> > I would give the driver at http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/ a try.
>
> It won't help.  Same problem (at least on Red Hat 8.0).  I suspect this

OK, one last try. :-) You can grab an original, unpatched
trident_drv.so from
<ftp://www.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/binaries/Linux-ix86-glibc22/Xmod.tgz>.

> driver was compiled with GCC 3.x.  If what I've read on this thread
> about the same problem appearing in Gentoo is correct, then either XFree86
> 4.2.0 or 4.2.1 will show the problem if compiled with the latest gcc.
>
> As I'm not a programmer, this is of course a guess given what we know
> about which drivers work and which don't. :)

I have not used gcc >= 3.0 very often but I don't think that this is a
compiler issue.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG