[ltp] ThinkPad A20P Modem = ?

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:52:04 -0500

Yeah, but you never know what some distributions do their kernels!  I've
never used Mandrake, so I have no idea of it's quality, etc...

Pam

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Vivek <vivek@etla.org>      |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-t|
|         |           hinkpad.org                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           12/04/2002 12:24 PM         |
|         |           Please respond to           |
|         |           linux-thinkpad              |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       "linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org" <linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org>                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ltp] ThinkPad A20P Modem = ?                                                         |
  |                                                                                                           |

[snip]
> correct.  However, you said "Mandrake 8.2 uses kernel 2.4.28", which I
hope
> is a type-o, because the above package is for 2.4.18, and probably
wouldn't
> work on a 2.4.28 kernel.

Unless mdk have a time machine, or have unilaterally renumbered their
kernels, it's pretty unlikely that they're on 2.4.28 already :)