[ltp] was (Re: Parts!) Power connector...

Tom linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:21:22 -0500

I found an adapter from a 3-pin (F) to 4-pin power (M) connector at a com=
puter=20
show.  I cut the 4-pin connector and a couple of inches of cord off and c=
ut=20
off the end of the power bricks cable at the connector.  the cable inside=
=20
both wires is a type off coax cable.  I just connected the inner wires=20
together and the outer wires together like such.

 +---outer wire (new plug)-----//----outer wire (power brick)------
 +---inner wire (new plug)-----//----inner wire (power brick)------

You should check the connections to the plug end on the new plug to see t=
hey=20
are the same as the old plug.  Check the old plug before you cut it off. =
 I=20
have a Nesco Battery Systems Smart Supply (model SS5-30).  It has a=20
detachable cord (SmartCord SC2003) to connect to the laptop with a smalle=
r=20
4-pin plug.  You should be able to buy just this cable and do the same=20
surgery on it.

My 760 EL shows the power connections as:
(looking at the back of the laptop)

HTH,
Tom