[ltp] no sound under linux on 600e

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 04:06:12 -0800

--------------040108090402040807050302

All,

I ran ps2 with the following:

AUdio
add = 530
irq   = 9
sb   = 220
dma = 0   1   (two charactors seperated by a space )

MIDI
add = 530
irq   = 9

AUD (control port)
add = 538

All are enabled.  I changed the appropriate addresses. I am not sure
what the audio controler is and how it related to opl3?

Is mpuio MIDI?

What is the correct dma settings for the 0  1 above?

Sorry this is turning out to be convoluted,
Dan

Charles E Taylor IV wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:19:19 -0800
>Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>cat /proc/pci shows a cs4610/11 loaded. What does /etc/pci show on your
>>system?
>>

>| Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4610/11 [CrystalClear
>| SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 1).
>
>That chip works under Linux with the cs4232 driver.
>

>>/lib/modules/2.4.18-18.8.0custom/kernel/drivers/sound/cs4232.o:
>>init_module: No
>>such device
>>Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
>>including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>>

>I'd take the hint. :)
>
>Check using PS2.EXE under DOS what the correct IO, IRQ, and DMA settings
>should be.  The usual "problem" is that you might have the dma and dma2
>settings backwards.  You might also want to turn OFF (under Easy Setup)
>any "quick boot" option.
>
>As a last resort, you can try the soundblaster driver with its default
>settings.  This should also work on your machine, though you won't likely
>be happy with the quality.

--------------040108090402040807050302

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
All,<br>
I ran ps2 with the following:<br>
AUdio<br>
add = 530<br>
irq &nbsp; = 9<br>
sb &nbsp; = 220<br>
dma = 0 &nbsp; 1 &nbsp; (two charactors seperated by a space )<br>
MIDI<br>
add = 530<br>
irq&nbsp;&nbsp; = 9<br>
AUD (control port)<br>
add = 538<br>
All are enabled. &nbsp;I changed the appropriate addresses. I am not sure what
the audio controler is and how it related to opl3?<br>
Is mpuio MIDI?<br>
What is the correct dma settings for the 0 &nbsp;1 above? <br>
Sorry this is turning out to be convoluted,<br>
Dan<br>
Charles E Taylor IV wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20021208185604.4d2f3ac0.tomalek@mindspring.com">
  <pre wrap="">On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 15:19:19 -0800
    <pre wrap="">cat /proc/pci shows a cs4610/11 loaded. What does /etc/pci show on your
system?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
| Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4610/11 [CrystalClear
| SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 1).

That chip works under Linux with the cs4232 driver.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">/lib/modules/2.4.18-18.8.0custom/kernel/drivers/sound/cs4232.o: