[ltp] serial port won't work as terminal to connect to other devices

Paul Timmins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
10 Dec 2002 16:27:31 -0500

Most newer thinkpads ship with the serial port disabled in the BIOS for
some stupid reason. Either way, Windows 2000 enables it during the boot
process, and linux doesn't. Go into your BIOS setup and confirm that the
serial port is enabled. Enabling it shows no ill effect in Windows 2000
and causes it to function properly in Linux as well.
-Paul