[ltp] Knoppix works on A22p (datapoint)

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:28:18 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

Having had an HDD failure, I needed to use a bootable CD on my Thinkpad.
I am pleased to say that the current Knoppix version from:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
works extremely well. Everything is set up correctly !
(Well, not the modem, but everthing else works.)

It's great for:

a)Demo of linux (if you aren't quite ready to jump, or don't know if your
hardware will be supported.)

b)System recovery - all the useful tools are here.

c)Trying out the latest software (eg KDE 3 - for people who haven't done a
distro update recently!)

I prefer it to DemoLinux because:
	It has support for ResierFS
	It uses the latest kernel, not 2.2
	It correctly works at 1600x1200 resolution
	It includes ssh (rather than download on the fly)

Regards

Richard