[ltp] Cursor position problem under RH7 KDE3 on ThinkPad R30

Dr David Green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:42:47 +1100

Apologies if this has already been addressed and I haven't found it.

I've been running RedHat (7.2/7.3) on a ThinkPad R30.
I've had none of the problems I read about elsewhere on this list (but I
don't use PCMCIA devices, have gotten over the onboard WinModem
dissappointment and never contemplated using the grey buttons)

My problem is that more than occasionally in X (KDE3) the location the
cursor on the screen suddenly changes so that it does not coincide with
the point that is being clicked.
The offset is always the same way, horizontal to the right by about
1/30-th of the width of the screen (about 1 cm or 1/2 inch on the R30 LCD)
It makes it impossible to reach scroll bars on the right hand side of
applications without a lot of hassle.

The only thing that fixes it is powering off and and restarting (warm
reboot or just X restart doesn't do)
Anyone else come across this one ?

Am contemplating upgrading to an R32.
Any one got any advice?