[ltp] T23 with arm soft modem

Julien Tane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:57:58 +0100

zongliang li wrote:

>hello all!
>
>	I have get a Thinkpad T23 a few days ago.
>I install both Redhat and debian on it.
>	but I can never use the modem which is producted
>by lucent .
>	I have tryed to use all the ways to make it work
>but only returns that arm modem is not supported by
>ltmodem drivers.
>	what can I do?
>
>        zongliang li
>        lizl@ict.ac.cn
>          2002-12-11

Hello,
a colleague of mine has found a solution to the Thinkpad problem:
Here is what he sent ( translated in English):

*LTModem*, Thinkpad T22 und RedHat 8:there were first some problems with
the LTModem <http://www.heby.de/ltmodem>?
<http://km.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/Wikis/LinuxUser/editform?page=LTModem>
because RH8 is translated with gcc 3, LTModem complains because it is
not supposed to work with gcc 2.x

But it is nonetheless possible to do it: and to translate the kernel
module with gcc3.
But then modprobe complains that this are gcc2 modems and that it does
not work with
this kernel. But using insmod it is possible to force the loading and I
have under: dev/ttxLT70 a brand new device.

I haven't tried it myself... But I thought it might help you... But I
cannot say whether this is a good idea.

Julien