[ltp] thinkpad Mandrake 9.0 sound fix, region free DVD & PII 400 upgrade

Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:02:51 +0000

>From IBM's website:

VI. Simple Boot Flag function
This function automatically optimizes the behavior and boot performance of the
BIOS and operating system, based on the installed operating system and previous
boot.

If this function is Enabled and once a Plug and Play-capable operating system,
such as Windows 98, is installed, the system BIOS does not configure such
hardware resources as system interrupts, memory ranges, and I/O port ranges for
all the devices in the system.

If you are going to use a non-Plug and Play-capable operating system, disable
this function so that the BIOS will configure hardware resources.

NOTE:
If you are using multiple operating systems in addition to Windows 95/98, you
must DISABLE the Simple Boot Flag in Easy-Setup.

To modify the Simple Boot Flag:

Hold down the F1 key on the ThinkPad and power on the system.

Open the Config icon.

Open the Quick Boot icon.

Set Simple Boot Flag to Enable or Disable depending on configuration