[ltp] Distributions

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:17:21 -0500

The other program that will sync via ANY of the available methods, USB,
Serial, IR, and even network is Coldsync. However its a different kind of
system, it has no GUI. It does however do some things really well. It gives
you a lot of control over backup and initialization of your palm device, and
makes replicating one palm to another pretty simple (as long as you're
comfortable with the shell).

It also provides a conduit architecture that lets you write perl scripts to
sync your data with external data sources. That is cool if you have data you
want to get in and out of the palm and nobody has bothered to write conduits
for it yet. I've been able to do things like display my palm data on a web
page with around 10 lines of code and nice stuff like that ;o).

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain