[ltp] wireless on T30?

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
15 Dec 2002 10:14:07 -0800

> 1. Wireless mostly works using the orinocco_pci driver.  However, as others
> have noted, it occasionally freaks out and stops working.  Ben Pfaff (and
> others) suggest "removing the kernal module and reinserting it to prod it
> back into action".  Cool.  Now, how do I do that?  Where do I learn more?

ifconfig ethX down
rmmod orinoco_pci
modprobe orinoco_pci
and then restart your DHCP daemon, whichever one you use.

However, I have a report in my mailbox right now that says the
HostAP drivers for Orinoco are actually stable and don't require
any such nastiness.  I haven't had a chance to try them myself
yet though.
--
"...I've forgotten where I was going with this,
 but you can bet it was scathing."