[ltp] Hot, Warm, Cold - cdrom & floppy drive swap in 770e

SMichelle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:50:52 -0800

How are cdrom and floppy drive swaps handled? I've tried the hot swap
(which froze my machine), I've tried the warm swap while in suspend (no
laptop freeze up but the floppy drive wasn't recognized either), so the
cold swap (shutting down, swapping drives, and starting up again) is the
only thing which works.  This is a bit inconvenient.

Based on previous advice I've disabled the quick boot in the bios in
order for sound ... but didn't notice a difference in the above behavior
when the quick boot was enabled either. Is there some other workaround?

TP 770e running RH7.3

Thanks.

/SMichelle