[ltp] Hot, Warm, Cold - cdrom & floppy drive swap in 770e

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:36:40 +0100

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 11:55:39 -0800, Brandon Philips wrote:
> Welcome to Linux and a world on inconviencies.  In order for the floppy to
> work on a warm swap you need to have the floppy in at boot THEN you can put
> in the CDROM and if you are so inclined warm swap again with the floppy.

How does your kernel detect the CDROM drive if you insert it afer the
boot process?

> But if you start with the CDROM the darn thing wont work.

It depends. On my TP 765L, I have to boot with the CDROM drive. This
way I can swap the CDROM and floppy after the machine is suspended and
use the floppy drive after resume. If I boot with the floppy drive, the
machine will not detect the CDROM if I insert it during suspend.

However, the kernel will only detect the floppy if the configuration is
set to an internal floppy drive. I had to do ps2.exe fdd internal to
achieve this.

Regards,
Tino