[ltp] Linux replacement for Hyperterminal

Steve Tell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:45:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Does anyone know of a replacement to MS Hyproterminal with a GUI interface
> similar to "X terminal for use with KDE" Konsole 1.1.3.

> It has been suggested that Minicom could be used for this. Personally I find
> Minicom difficult to setup for these transfers with an archaic GUI interface
> thus a more modern approach is being sought.

I used to use "seyon" to communicate with homebrew embedded
microcontroller-based widgets.  It also seemed archaic to me, so I wrote
the GPL'ed sgsterm, which is based on pieces ripped from gnome-terminal.
Currently, it only has the features I needed, mainly ascii file send.
But the C source is reasonably easy to hack and extend.

http://www.telltronics.org/software/sgsterm

Steve

--
Steve Tell  tell@telltronics.org