[ltp] power off winmodem ??

Alex Bell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 06:45:21 +1100

May I expose my ignorance and ask how one prevents 'loading the drivers for the device'?  I have
a Thinkpad A21e with a winmodem.  I've bought an serial external modem, but could only get it to
work under Windoze 2000 by disabling the internal winmodem.  I suspect that the reason Xandros
won't recognise the external modem at all is that it is blocked by the internal modem - even
though the winmodem is on Com3 and the external modem is on Com1.  Does this make sense?