[ltp] T23 with arm soft modem

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:38:31 -0800

--------------040507010803010300060700

All,

I have a 600x with the Lucent modem. I would just like to make it
disappear. How can I make it appear "gone" from the config??

Dan

Werner Becker wrote:

>I have a T23 too under RH 7.3 and the modem is not supported. It depends
>on your TP23 and whether you bought it with WLAN option I guess. In my
>TP23 I have a Lucent Soft Modem which is based on Intels AC97 soundchip
>hardware. This hardware is not supported by the ltmodem. The Lucent Soft
>modems are not supported in Linux. I bought a PCMCIA modem
>called  ' Psion GoldCard' which you can get used from eBay for few bugs
>only! It works like a charm in linux, out of the box.
>
>Werner
>
>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, zongliang li wrote:
>

>>hello all!
>>
>>	I have get a Thinkpad T23 a few days ago.
>>I install both Redhat and debian on it.
>>	but I can never use the modem which is producted
>>by lucent .
>>	I have tryed to use all the ways to make it work
>>but only returns that arm modem is not supported by
>>ltmodem drivers.
>>	what can I do?
>>
>>????????????????zongliang li
>>????????????????lizl@ict.ac.cn
>>????????????????????2002-12-11
>>

>>--

--------------040507010803010300060700

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
All,<br>
I have a 600x with the Lucent modem. I would just like to make it disappear.
How can I make it appear "gone" from the config??<br>
Dan<br>
Werner Becker wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.OSF.4.32.0212200852290.1309618-100000@o22.xray.mpe.mpg.de">
  <pre wrap="">I have a T23 too under RH 7.3 and the modem is not supported. It depends