[ltp] T23 with arm soft modem

jjmckenzie51@earthlink.net linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:44:45 -0500

Werner:

Some of the Lucent/Agere Softmodems are supported=2E  I have one in my A22=
and it works just fine=2E  If I encounter bad phone lines, I dig out a USR=
 X2
relabelled as an IBM PCMCIA (PC-Card) V=2E90 modem and plug it in after
removing the Lucent modem drivers=2E  This allows me to keep the /dev/mode=
setting for KPPP=2E  If the software drivers do not switch over /dev/ttyLT=
0
to /dev/ttyS0 then I manually delete and add back in the soft link
connection using ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem=2E

James Mckenzie

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Werner Becker web@o22=2Exray=2Empe=2Empg=2Ede
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:56:12 +0100 (MET)
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad=2Eorg
Subject: Re: [ltp] T23 with arm soft modem

I have a T23 too under RH 7=2E3 and the modem is not supported=2E It depen=
ds
on your TP23 and whether you bought it with WLAN option I guess=2E In my
TP23 I have a Lucent Soft Modem which is based on Intels AC97 soundchip
hardware=2E This hardware is not supported by the ltmodem=2E The Lucent So=
ft
modems are not supported in Linux=2E I bought a PCMCIA modem
called  ' Psion GoldCard' which you can get used from eBay for few bugs
only! It works like a charm in linux, out of the box=2E

Werner