[ltp] T30 failes to resume from suspend

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:52:45 -0500

--=_alternative 0061849685256C98_=

>> I'm having problems making my T30 (type 2366 - 92g) resume properly
>> from suspend.  The system wakes up, but when trying to access the hd,
>> the message "hda: lost interrupt" is printed and the process in
>> question hangs.

>I can't reproduce it on T30 2366 97G. Suspend and hibernation are fine.

>The only malfunction here is that I cant resume from standby (Fn+F3)
>while running X. The display backlight comes back, X doesnt. I have
>to change to an other vt, Fn+F3 two times, change back to X.

Try turning off the screen blanking in the bios. You can get around this
by putting the machine into standby, NOT suspend and bringing it back apm
-S instead of apm -s.

I can easily kill my T30 if I leave the wireless running when I suspend
it. I've seen the /dev/hda problems too, but as I only go into standy now
instead of suspend due to the wireless issues I didn't take the time to
get to the bottom of the /hda lost interrrupts.

Mike
--=_alternative 0061849685256C98_=

&gt;&gt; from suspend. &nbsp;The system wakes up, but when trying to access the hd,<br>
&gt;&gt; the message &quot;hda: lost interrupt&quot; is printed and the process in<br>
&gt;&gt; question hangs.<br>
&gt;I can't reproduce it on T30 2366 97G. Suspend and hibernation are fine.<br>
&gt;The only malfunction here is that I cant resume from standby (Fn+F3) <br>
&gt;while running X. The display backlight comes back, X doesnt. I have <br>
&gt;to change to an other vt, Fn+F3 two times, change back to X.<br>
--=_alternative 0061849685256C98_=--